The ODS-L30M is a 30-slot master library unit that forms the basis for the PetaSite Optical Disc Archive scalable library. Add any combination of ODS-L60E or ODS-L100E extension units to the master library unit to achieve a balance of data throughput and capacity. Add additional racks for extended capacity. The ODS-L30M is well suited for near-line and deep archive storage in broadcast production, post production, media & entertainment, government, education, medical, business and other archival environments requiring data longevity and disaster tolerance.
- Nearline archive and shelf management at a lower cost
- Start with a scalable 30-slot 2 drive master unit. Scalalable up to 18 drives or 535 slots per rack.
- Simultaneous archive and retrieve
- Supports mixed variety of Optical Disc Archive cartridge media
- Optional File Manager utility enables easy archive and retrieve via Web GUI
- Supported by most major Independent Software Vendors (Archive Mangemrnt/Middleware)
- 19″ rack mountable Master and extension units
- Reliable. Gen 2 Optical Disc Archive media is rated with a 100 year shelf life
- Robust. Optical Disc Archive cartridges are dust and water tolerant and are not affected by electromagnetic interference
- Random Access. Get to your data faster, no shuttling or rewinding required
- Fast. Gen2 Optical Disc Archive drives provide 1 GBps write speeds and 2 GBps read speeds
- High Capacity. Gen2 Optical Disc Archive Worm media yields a 3.3TB capacity. Gen1 write-many media capacity is 1.2 TB
- No Media Migration. Optical Disc Archive media will remain backward compatible so older generation media is fully accessible in newer generation drives
- Desk Top Convenience. Stand-alone drives connect to Windows, Mac and Linux operating systems with a simple USB3 connection. The connected drive is seen as a single large volume for fast and easy integration
- Expandable Library. Grow from a 30 slot library up to 535 slots in a single tower. That’s up to 1.7 PB of storage
- Flexible. Random access and extremely long shelf life mean that Optical Disc Archive can be used from near-line to cold storage application
- Eco Friendly. Optical Disc Archive media does not require any special environmental storage conditions resulting in low energy consumption and low operational costs.